Tooth loss is linked to lung cancer
A study of scientists at the University of Nagoya, Japan that the loss of teeth is associated with elevated risk of cancer of the head and neck and lung, and esophagus.
The study included 15500 and where the individual was measured rates of cancer and tooth loss among the participants, where the results showed an increased risk of esophageal cancer by 136% and the head and neck by 68% and lung by 54% among those who lost their teeth.
The results also showed high incidence of cancer, the higher the number of missing teeth.
And scientists believe that the relationship between tooth loss and cancer might be due to bacterial infection and inflammation resulting from the failure to maintain oral health and dental, which cause loss of teeth, which may lead to the incidence of cancer as well.
And scientists say that the preservation of teeth may protect against infection with these types of cancers.
Extraction of teeth
People used to designate extract teeth from the jaw khul while extracting teeth in the Arabic language is tooth extraction. General dentist can deal with some cases of tooth extraction is easy, while the conversion of most of the sail to a specialist oral surgery, face and jaws and who received special training in surgery of the mouth especially if one of the following reasons
• - Age break during extraction
• - odd shape of the roots and crown
• - Intmar teeth and not appearing
• - remnants of the teeth and roots
• - the presence of cysts and lesions associated with age
• - the presence of health problems accompany the patient taking medication such as increasing the liquidity of blood or other diseases that require certain precautions are taken before the surgical procedure
• - the reasons for tooth extraction
• o gum disease and bone
• o decay
• o dental injuries and break it
• o-related reasons, orthodontic
• o-related reasons, replacing the artificial teeth
The patient is given instructions after tooth extraction in order to reduce the problems that may accompany the tooth extraction and following these instructions:
explain to the patient natural things to be expected after surgery or extraction, such as:
• the existence of saliva mixed with blood.
• some of the pain.
• swelling around the surgical area.
Since local anesthesia is used in tooth extraction and continues to effect until after the surgery, where a sense of the region's non-existent. Therefore, patients are advised not to bite on the lips and tongue, which was the promoters so as not to cause things to them.
Care importance surgery or extraction (what the patient must do)
• If the doctor gives you a roll of cotton or a piece of gauze to bite them when you leave the clinic continued biting them for a period of forty (40) minutes to give a chance for blood clot to be You can then throw that in the space of the waste.
• If bleeding continues from the place of the sail for an hour or more he tried to put a clean piece of gauze and then press the dishes teeth on each for a period of forty (40) minutes.
• taking the medications prescribed to you by your doctor according to his instructions.
What should the patient avoid
• Avoid rinsing the first day, and when the wash can be Taatmdamad gently and firmly without moving the water in your mouth.
• avoid tampering with the sail area of the tongue or finger because it is important to be blood clot (blood clot) in the area of the sail.
• Avoid foods or drinks with high temperature.
• Avoid smoking.
• Avoid extreme stress.
Food and Drink
Eat soft foods and liquids and try to chew food on the other side.
prescribed medicines from the doctor
You must attend to take the prescribed for you by your doctor such as painkillers and antibiotics.
in the case of severe bleeding and continuing for a long time you should contact your doctor or therapist to come to the emergency department at a hospital near you.
- problems of tooth extraction
o inflammation of soft tissue and bone
o difficulty opening the mouth
o injury to the nerve nourishing for the lip and tongue
o a connection between the Pocket nasal and mouth
Some cases of tooth extraction requiring surgery is the incision and remove the gum fraction of the bone in order to unblock the extractions. Might be required in some situations wisdom teeth to the cutting tooth to be pulling parts separately from each other.
- Wisdom teeth:-
Wisdom is the last fierce that appear in the mouth, often accompanied by problems such as bone or under Intmarha appear on a slant and its impact on internecine neighbors.
- Indication for removal of wisdom teeth
• o inflammatory tissue surrounding the apparent reason Bdhars partially
• o decay of untreatable
• o needed to treat the nerve of this internecine (difficult to treat the roots of wisdom teeth)
• o be a pest and bags around the wisdom teeth
• o absorb part of the tooth tissue
• o the presence of a cancerous tumor in the region
• o for reasons of Orthodontics and replaced with artificial
Be evaluated case by case depending on their circumstances and explain the situation to the patient and then agree on the extraction wisdom teeth, which may be done under local anesthesia (if it was put wisdom tooth is not painful) or under general anesthesia in the hospital (if it was put internecine complex and requires a long time or if This was the desire of the patient). As can be left buried under the internecine bone and follow-up periodically.
The abscess in the area of the face and jaws
Could become a simple inflammation resulting from dental abscess spread from the tissue spaces, which may threaten the life of the patient in the event spread around the trachea, leading to difficulty breathing and difficulty in swallowing. Are dealing with such cysts in anesthetizing the patient and treatment with antibiotics and also fled the pus accumulated in the area surgically. We must therefore deal with all infections must be taken with caution and medical advice for the treatment of inflammation and remove the cause.
Modified jaw surgery and the appearance of the face and nose
Imbalance may occur in the growth of the lower and upper jaw bones and facial structure for many reasons including genetic or a result of injuries and result in deformity in the general appearance of the patient and the loss of one member function like chewing food and proper pronunciation. In this case Im analysis of the patient's condition by taking measurements and the work of the templates and the use of computer programs to analyze the position of the jaw and then access to the final diagnosis of the situation and planning to modify the position of the jaw surgically and the development of teeth in collaboration with doctors orthodontics. The modified process involves surgical removal and one or modify the jaws under full anesthesia. Are explained all the steps of the operation and problems expected for the patient before the elections.
Structure of facial fractures
The contemporary causes of fractures of the facial bones and jaws in order of occurrence are: personal violence, sports injuries, falls, road accidents and injuries in the industrial zones. Can be divided into fractions of facial structure into two categories
1 - without a break-up of fractures in the bones and without losing parts of the solid or soft tissue
2 - with the break-up of fractures of the bones and the loss of parts of the solid or soft tissue
Most of the structure of facial fractures is one of the first type. As for type II fractures are often the result of injuries from missiles in war factories, or injuries involving the use of large devices or as a result of road accidents where you get a direct hit from a sharp object is moving very quickly.
May cause injuries in the face and jaw deformity in appearance may affect the function of the affected area, as well as affecting the vital organs surrounding the facial structure such as brain, eye, nose, and nerves.
Is the treatment of various fractures in the facial structure by using wire and sheet metal to install these fractures, and follow-up depending on the type of fracture. These wires and plates may be left in the body is still only in the case of a problem relating to them.
The patient loses a part of the oral tissues, face and jaws as a result of accidents or surgical removal is compensated either by replacing synthetic or the way different tissues in the body or what is known Alistbnaiip surgery.
Jaw joint surgery
• Some patients complain of jaw joint pain or suspension of the jaw or the presence of strange noises produced during the opening and closing the mouth, this may be for many reasons, some of which are related to bone or cartilage, which detailed each other or the tissues and bone surrounding it. Some cases dealing with preventive treatment such as exercise and warm compresses, such as calls for surgical intervention to resolve the problem of the joint.
Cleft lip and palate deformities
• The wounds of the mouth, face and jaws, is part of the medical team which deals with such distortions and also the various distortions in the mouth, face and jaws.
• The breakthrough in dental implants to replace artificial teeth. Age and implant a metal rod of a particular (as shown below) is instilled in the bone to bear it artificial Age.
• Agriculture can not be offset or compensate for one set of teeth or assist in the stability of man-made structures animation. Implant can be placed immediately after extraction or after extraction healing place. Some cases require cultivation of bone in the area of agriculture and to compensate for bone uptake in the region as a result of loss of teeth.
General advice and medical advice
• o Make sure to take advice in surgery of the mouth, face and jaws of specialists in this area
• o Ask about the details of your case and do not hesitate to take another view
• o Ask about the details of your situation and anticipated problems
• o cooperation with the competent doctor explain your history of the disease, which may affect your treatment
It is well known that diabetes can affect the performance of the heart, kidneys, eyes and nerves, but few people realize that diabetes can also lead to dental problems, especially those who are in the past 45 years of age. diabetics, in many cases can dental problems in patients with diabetes leads to loss of teeth. Can prevent this situation to a large extent by the realization of various dental problems caused by diabetes, and to take preventive steps in time to avoid them. The main causes of dental problems and the lack of proper dental hygiene and genetics. periodontal diseases diabetes increases the risk of gum disease and exacerbate the effects of these factors that cause them.
high blood sugar levels the problem with diabetics is that their bodies do not process sugar, which has sufficiently high levels of sugar in the blood. Blood is unable to provide sufficient quantities of food to different parts of the body including the teeth, making them more vulnerable to disease. In the mouth, enzymes and other chemicals found in the saliva inhibit the activity of bacteria. Dry mouth and thus increases the activity of bacteria. This is evident from the fact that such a dry mouth is usually during sleep increases the activity of bacteria and this is why your breath smells to wake up. High levels of sugar in the blood increasing dryness in the mouth, which in turn encourages microbial activity.
diabetes high blood sugar in people who suffer from diabetes and high blood sugar levels make them more vulnerable to infection. And infections of the gums and inflammation of the gums as affecting the teeth and gums. And you can see the people who suffer from inflammation of the gums that the presence of receding gums and teeth that appear larger than usual. Some symptoms that appear in patients with diabetes and painful, bleeding, inflammation of the gums and throat, as well as the slack, and toothache. These symptoms if left untreated can lead to tooth loss. Patients with diabetes who suffer from such symptoms should consult a dentist immediately on the appearance of these symptoms. If treated in a timely manner using the dental procedures, dentists drugs that can prevent further complications and loss of tooth.
In the light of the above facts it is important for diabetics to monitor and maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range. This can be done by following the index blood sugar hard. This is very important because studies have shown that people with poor control of blood sugar levels suffer from gum disease easily and frequently, and it is likely to lose more teeth than people with good control at the level of sugar in the blood. insulin dependent diabetes even children with insulin dependent diabetes are at greater risk of problems in the gums. So the best defense against gum disease is to control your diabetes well. In the light of the increased risk of dental problems of people who suffer from diabetes should also avoid situations that increase [img]